Re: 2.0.33p3: system freeze+oops

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 00:05:51 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Matthew Hyne wrote:

> If you have power management turned on (aka APM), turn it off and see how
> you go... Looks like the APM code make be breaking your system

Are there known issues with APM in 2.0.3x? I've got a Nec Versa 6000H
notebook that has recently had an annoying tendancy to lockup, most
frequently right after exiting minicom, though sometimes while in X not
doing anything in particular. Since battery life sucks, I'd hate to make
it worse by giving up APM. I think the Versa is running either 2.0.32 or
2.0.31-pre10. I've already checked and eliminated the obvious (irq
conflict on the serial port...there isn't one).

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/message.
Florida Digital Turnpike |