Re: QNXsched-1.16: Announcement/Plea for Help

Adam Kumiszcza (Qman@NULL.net)
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 19:21:16 +0100

> From: Adam McKee <amckee@poboxes.com>

> QNXsched-1.16 is released - it can be found at:
>
> ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/Incoming/QNXsched*
> OR
> ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/kernel/patches/misc/QNXsched*
>
> There have been only very minor changes/fixes since 1.15. 2.0 *should*
> still be solid. [...]

I'm not 100% sure about that... I used some previous versions of QNXsched (including 1.15) but after I
witnessed a system freeze I decided not to include it in kernels.

During greater loads the system behaved worse than without QNXsched - some tasks were receiving too small
amount of cpu time (switching between virtual screens under X could take over 10 seconds and even moving a
cursor took some time... It wasn't so without QNXsched (I obtained system load of 39.9 (sic!) and the
reaction of the system took only several seconds). And once (it was 2.0.30 with QNXsched 1.15 compiled using
pgcc) the system freezed completely (after waiting several _minutes_ I had to restart (CTRL-ALT-DEL didn't
even work) :(( ).

I don't have any logs, time measures or anything, unfortunately.

Yours sincerely,

Adam Kumiszcza
<Qman@NULL.net>