RE: Support for Adaptec 7895.

Doug Ledford (dledford@dialnet.net)
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 02:18:20 -0600 (CST)

On 13-Dec-97 G.W. Wettstein wrote:
>The machine itself is a GW2K G6-300 based on the INTEL motherboard. I
>was apprehensive about the onboard SCSI and my concerns were well
>justified. We quickly found out about the incompatibility problems
>between the Adaptec 7895 chipset and the current aic7xxx drivers.

I'm hoping to have a first run support patch for this chipset within the
next couple weeks. There is a board on the way and once I get it I'm going
to start trying to make this chipset work. And, yes, the FreeBSD people
have got this board working with some minor tweaks of their existing code.
The project I'm getting ready to take on is a partial port of the latest
FreeBSD code in order to get this chipset working.

E-Mail: Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net>
Date: 14-Dec-97
Time: 02:18:23