Re: Suggestion for handling of boot-time driver options

James Mastros (root@jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org)
Sat, 13 Dec 1997 18:31:51 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 13 Dec 1997, Grant R. Guenther wrote:
> > Any suggestions, objections, flames?
>
> I'd also like to see a small syntactic enhancement. It should also
> be possible to set parameters with a notation like:
>
> ez.base=0x378
>
> Which would be _exactly_ equivalent to
>
> ez=base,0x378

Also, ez.base=0x378, ez.base=888, and ez.base=01570 are the same thing.
This requires typing for parameters, as changing the string 888 to 0x378
would be a Bad Thing <G>. Also, understanding quotes is a Good Thing,
though I dont belive there are any pramaters where spaces are valid.

Also, a conversion-type for IP-addresses (123.123.123.123 to 7b7b7b7b), and
ethernet hw-addrs (iff there is >1 canonical way of writing them) there
should be (sinus infection preventing me from proper english writhing and
germinish sounding (even though my german is english-sounding).

-=- James Mastros

--
When the annals of distributed computing are written, and the name 'Bovine'
appears in there, I can say "Hey, I was a part of that, I checked .0012% of