Re: >64M RAM, 256kB cache.. will I have problems?

Geert Uytterhoeven (Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be)
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 00:35:03 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 13 Dec 1997, Pavel Machek wrote:
> I would really like to make linux work nicely on machines with
> dual-speed ram. I have 20Meg and only 16Meg are cacheable. When top
> 4Meg are used, machine goes to speed about speed of 386... I made some
> patch but it is not too good. (Mail me for it).

Please take a look at the drivers/block/z2ram.c. Some Amigas have fast 32-bit
memory on the motherboard, and slow 16-bit memory on Zorro II expansion boards.
The z2ram device creates a block device for the slow RAM, so you can use it as
a fast swap partition.

Greetings,

Geert

--