Re: 2.0.32: GPF with aha152x

Linux Developer (kernel@prj.pcimporters.com)
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 16:01:05 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 11 Dec 1997, Dave Wreski wrote:

> Hi all. I just put an old aha152x in my machine, to use in conjunction with
> my aic7xxx. I had the controller at 0x140,11 and since changed it, and
> didn't update /etc/conf.modules. It therefore tried to load it at the
> incorrect address, and produced the oops..
> There were two that I found:
<snip>
> This continued for a while, then stopped, and the system still seems stable.
> (X is still running) Also, those ksymoops traces look kinda short. Is there
> still helpful information in there? :)

Dave;

I will check this tonight. I have a P.E. Logic 1600, which is really an
AHA-152x (1520 to be exact), driving my Pioneer 6x4 external changer
(Damned fast drive:). I will attempt to reproduce this later tonight, when
I have a chance, and let you know if it indeed is reproducable. Hopefully,
I can get this working as well as the PPA in unision. (Keep it offa 6, and
it should work, right?:)

-Phillip R. Jaenke [InterNIC Handle: PRJ5] (kernel@prj.pcimporters.com)
MIS Department, PC Importers, Inc. 800.319.9284, x4262
Head of Development, The Improvement Linux Project.
Penguin0: Cyrix Cx6x86 PR200L+, 64M, 1.6G, 1.2G, 4.3G, EE/Pro, 2.0.30
Penguin1: Intel P5-100, 32M, 4G, NE2k, 2.1.60-Improvement
The Diamond FireGL Series - When you're ready for a REAL video card.