Re: kerneld & binfmt_aout

James Mastros (root@jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org)
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 23:26:18 -0500 (EST)

On 10 Dec 1997, Vladimir Volovich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the following problem: I compiled binfmt_aout as a module (and
> did "depmod -a"). But when I try to run an aout binary, kerneld does
> not load the binfmt_aout.o module automagically. The other modules,
> such as cdrom.o, isofs.o, ide-cd.o are loaded by kerneld very well.
[...]
> I use linux-2.1.66, modutils-2.1.55.
>
> Best regards, -- Vladimir.

That's just because kerneld dosn't know that binfmt-0064 is binfmt_aout.
Add the line "alias binfmt-0064 binfmt_aout" to /etc/conf.modules (or
/etc/modules.conf). (If that dosn't work, check your system log for the
exact string -- there are several "magics" of a.out.

-=- James Mastros

---
When the annals of distributed computing are written, and the name 'Bovine'
appears in there, I can say "Hey, I was a part of that, I checked .0012% of
the keyspace".
-=- Brian Wilson <wilsonb@mindspring.net>
Go to www.distributed.net before I come make you!