Re: linux-kernel-digest V1 #1327

James Fidell (james@cloud9.co.uk)
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 20:00:42 +0000

alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox) wrote:

> 1. 2.0.32 has a different teardrop patch
>
> > Second, your opinion please: for production servers do you believe
> > 2.0.32 is or will prove to be superior to and more stable than 2.0.30,
> > where the servers in question have been seen to be capable of uptimes
> > in excess of one month on 2.0.30 without intervention (e.g. me
>
> Yes. Well I hope so anyway, it has nothing in it but fixes to bugs. Nothing
> new at all

It does have a completely new Vortex/Boomerang driver. Unfortunately
it doesn't like my Vortex card which locks up after an indeterminate
period of time. I don't have the error messages to hand -- I'm at home
and the machine is at work.

I've built 2.0.32 with the 2.0.30 Vortex driver and it appears to work
fine, so I'm using that at the moment. However, if anyone can give me
any tips on stopping the Vortex locking up with 2.0.32, I'd be more
than pleased to hear them.

James.

--
 "Yield to temptation --             | NETCOM: james@corp.netcom.net.uk
  it may not pass your way again"    | Consultancy: james@cloud9.co.uk

        - Lazarus Long               |              James Fidell