Re: try_to_free_inodes oops in vger-1020

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 11:00:58 -0500

Westley Weimer wrote:
> I hope this sort of thing actually helps the developers. Please mail me if
> you would like more information or if you know what's going on here.

Yes, in general oops reports are very helpful. We aren't getting that
many oopses from 2.1.xx these days, so every one is significant.

In this specific case I haven't been able to determine what went wrong,
except that somebody scribbled ascii over one of your inodes. If the
problem recurs and you can identify what triggered it, that might help
in tracking down the offending code.

Regards,
Bill