Re: Why so many "TCPv4 bad checksum from .." logs??

Riccardo Facchetti (fizban@tin.it)
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 21:02:35 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> mlord@pobox.com said:
> } Me too. I get tons of them, but everything still seems okay. This is
> } with a 53000bps USR x2 V.Everything Courier modem.
> Try turning off the vj header compression in the PPP daemon - apparently
> some ISPs have modem sets which do this wrong!
> [at least this was the sort of response that was coming on the masq list
> for this sort of thing]

I think it is not true.
The initial post about the subject (loads of TCP checksum errors) was
caused by a problem I have had while connected with a Linux machine
(2.0.30). So I think unless you are trying to say that 2.0.30, among other
things, is broken this way too, I think there must be something in 2.1.51
(and previous versions) of the kernel that cause the error.

Is someone able to explain this thing ?

Ciao,
Riccardo.