Re: patch for deleted files

Oliver Xymoron (oxymoron@waste.org)
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 15:42:27 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:

> I think this patch will fix the ambiguity.
> It is shorter and faster code too. :-)

>From the preceding discussion, I got the impression that deleted files
might occassionally be shown with incorrect names due to the workings of
the dcache. This seems to negate the value of showing the name in /proc at
all - perhaps it would be better to simply show the file handle as a
regular file rather than a symlink. Then there's no implication that you
can follow the link manually.