Re: bind sucks?

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com)
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:22:53 -0400

Philip Gladstone writes:
>There is another problem which could cause this -- which is
>running out of local port numbers.

I doubt this is the problem, since it only showed up when the
machine was running 2.0.30. 2.0.27 and 2.0.18 were both fine.

I suppose it could be the problem because 2.0.30 sped up the
rest of the networking to the point that the problem showed
up, but I can say that even the initial mirror worked fine
before, as did small and large updates, and that upgrading
to 2.0.30 made the problem happen reliably.

michaelkjohnson

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz