Re: Hisax usage count.

Henning Schmiedehausen (henning@twins.iconsult.com)
10 Aug 1997 11:10:10 +0200

R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl (Rogier Wolff) writes:

>The usage count for the Hisax module isn't decremented when a program
>like isdnctrl closes the control device.

>This is in Linus' pre-31-3 .

Yes, this is especially true for usage with bind. After binding an
interface, the count is incremented and never decremented.

This is also in the 2.0.30A patch from ftp.franken.de

It is not only a problem with hisax but also the icn driver, so it seems
to be a general isdn problem.

Ciao
Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. Henning Schmiedehausen                      BOYCOTT ALTERNIC.NET!
henning@knf.de                  ObDisc: Ich spreche weder fuer ICONSULT noch

"We're geeks. We seek. Get used to it" - Helen, Sweetheart of the Internet