Re: What to do?

Eric Hoeltzel (eric@dogbert.sitewerks.com)
Mon, 7 Jul 1997 01:28:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Rene Zikken wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently using kernel 2.0.29. Do I need to upgrade to 2.0.30 or
> should I wait for the 2.0.31(since there are troubles with the
> 2.0.30.)

2.0.29 is regarded as slightly more stable than 2.0.30. Unless you
need the syn flood stuff there is not much reason to go to 2.0.30.

> When will 2.0.31 be available anyway?

It will be available when it is thoroughly tested and stable.
That is soon enough for me.

> Can somewone tell me what will be included in this new kernel?

A lot of hard work. Stability. New features are not a priority
in stable releases.

> Please reply to both the list and my personal email account since I'm
> only receiving the digest list

You should really post this type of request to linux-admin instead
of linux-kernel. Linux-kernel seems to be (thankfully) back to
the quiet contemplative place where kernel hackers go way far
over my head.

Respectfully,
Eric Hoeltzel