Re: rescan scsi, oh and a comment about SMB-fs

Sun, 06 Jul 97 12:43:59 +1100

>Any suggestions on how to virtualize >256 virtual terminals?
> (graphics-testing code needs + ppp + ... fills up fast!)
>... [suggestions on how to code?] Or none, as the case may be. I CAN
>live with this (but second computer going online to handle overload on
>development machine)....

The 32bit device numbering scheme will solve this if/when it gets
implemented.

>[and can anyone tell me if there's a way that I can run both SAMBA and
>smbfs at the same time? Now that 2.1.43 finally SUPPORTS _WORKING_
>smbfs, I've discovered that it don't play nice with samba [latest beta -
>don't ask me which version].

I've just tested smbfs in 2.1.43 on Samba 1.9.16p11. I've seen some
bugs when running "du", the directory cache seems to be messed up. What
bugs have you seen?

>... now bored enough to trace pppd and find out WHY it don't work in
>2.1.43.... [sigh]. Gotta be a reason (prolly 'cause I'm running
>glibc-2.0.4). Is anyone else using this?

PPP works fine for me. I have glibc installed, but pppd is using libc5.

Russell Coker