Re: IP Firewalls

B. James Phillippe (bryan@Terran.ORG)
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 18:50:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, SethMeister G. wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Just wanted to see if anyone knew when it would be working again. I
> know it is not working in the later 2.1.4? kernels (or maybe it is and I'm
> brane-ded). I checked the xos page and there was no info on the ETA...

What part of it doesn't appear to be working for you? It checks out okay
here and has been for a long time. I'm using IP input rules, forward
rules and masquerading rules and they all work (under pre-2.1.44-2). Did
you remember to turn on ip_forwarding?

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

-bp

--
B. James Phillippe                              Seattle Software Labs, Inc
Network Administrator                           Phone: (206) 521-8346