Re: quota in 2.0.30-pre2

Racer X (shagboy@optical.mindstorm.com)
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 01:51:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Jon Mitchell wrote:

> Running repquota -a on my machine seems to lead to a unusable situation.
> It never returns, nor do syncs or df's if run on other consoles. Don't
> know in what kernel this became a problem, because I've only been running
> 2.0.30 with quotas...

I've noticed the same behavior with stock 2.0.30. The command hangs in
disk sleep (D) state, and the only solution appears to be a hard reboot.
I'm not sure if this is in the kernel or in the quota software, so I will
see if I can dig up some more info later.

shag

Judd Bourgeois PGP key ID 0xEDC21CA1
shagboy@mindstorm.com 25DDE4AF C5AFEF51 6905DC77 360F0387
The first duty of a revolutionary is to get away with it.
-- Abbie Hoffman