Re: TritonII IDE interface not PCI compliant?

Aaron Tiensivu (tiensivu@pilot.msu.edu)
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 19:29:14 -0400

On Mon, Jun 16, 1997 at 06:17:42PM -0400, Gerald Britton wrote:
> Could this possibly be related to the problem of ide1: irq timeout
> messages i have been recieving when i use my soundcard?
>
> Bus 0, device 7, function 1:
> IDE interface: Intel 82371SB Natoma/Triton II PIIX3 (rev 0).
> Medium devsel. Fast back-to-back capable. Master Capable. Latency=32.
> I/O at 0xf000.
>
> that is the entry from /proc/pci for my ide interface.

Most decent versions of Award BIOS let you tweak the latency.. from 0 (which
is, um, bad), to 255.

If you're worried about it, tweak it. ;-)

If you don't have a sassy BIOS, there are tools out there that you can tune it
with. (I'll try to dig 'em out and let ppl know where they are.. I vaguely
remember it being located on cs.helsinki's server)

--
Which is worse: ignorance or apathy?  Who knows?  Who cares?
Cherish the here and now.