Re: NS Communicator PR5, JavaScript Help CRASH! CRASH! CRASH!

W. Reilly Cooley (wcooley@navi.net)
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 19:47:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 16 Jun 1997, Evan Jeffrey wrote:

> >I'm not so much concerned about Netscape. A program like that will always
> >have bugs, and I doubt their Linux port gets the attention it deserves.
> >What concerns me is Linux' handling of the miscreant program. (And that's
> >why I posted to _this_ list.) I suppose I should have tried to make it a
> >more formal bug report.
>
> Chances are that your computer wasn't "really" trashed, however, it is
> trivial for an ill behaved program to render the console useless. In those
> cases, the only solution is to find a way to access the computer remotely
> and clean up.
>
> X fiddles with the keyboard. If X gets hosed, you will likely not be able
> to switch consoles.
>
> None of this is likely to change.

Nope. Couldn't even telnet over over my Ethernet.

Wil

W. Reilly Cooley
                NakedApe Consulting & Navi.Net representative
1509 NE 10th Ave., #104                    Portland, OR 97232
503 287-2165                                 wcooley@navi.net
www.navi.net/~wcooley                  www.navi.net/~nakedape