Re: POSIX.6 (or 1.b now or something)

Dean Gaudet (dgaudet-list-linux-kernel@arctic.org)
Mon, 9 Jun 1997 12:48:43 -0700 (PDT)

I was digging through the code planning to add privs such that:

- you could restrict a port to a specific uid (i.e. tcp 113 can be opened
by news and root only)

- you could restrict the range used to generate the "random" port of a
listening socket with unspecified port (i.e. > 1023, not in 6000..6099)

Does POSIX.6 define this sort of thing too? Any sample source out there?

Dean