Re: "obsolete" hardware

Matei Conovici (cmatei@lbi.ro)
Mon, 9 Jun 1997 09:55:56 +0300 (EET DST)

On Sun, 8 Jun 1997, Rob Hagopian wrote:

> emulation too so that people can use FP in the kernel) in the 2.1.x and
> later kernels. None of the new features are really worth implementing on
> such old hardware. Is anyone really going to have an IPv6 modem pool? And
> if you're doing IPv6 routing wouldn't you want a 486 anyways?
> -Rob H.

You do, if you have one around to mess up with. But if you don't (like I
don't), you use a 386sx/4meg (with fp emulation ;) that runs the mrt
routing daemon and gets 250+ routes from the 6bone, with 2.1.41. It used
to run sendmail and named too, but then I could not log on at the console
any more ;) It works fine as an IPv6 router.

Matei