Re: Emergency keyboard combinations - patch

Peter T. Breuer (ptb@it.uc3m.es)
Sat, 5 Apr 1997 14:49:12 +0200 (MET DST)

"A month of sundays ago Pavel Machek wrote:"

> On Sat, 5 Apr 1997, Peter T. Breuer wrote:
> > And which kernel is this patch against? It is not evident from the
> > contents?
>
> It is against 2.1.29+

Ah - thanks.

> > It failed miserably when I applied it against 2.0.25. (5 out of 7
> > hunks failed or something like that). But I was able to patch it by
> > hand easily enough. It looks like your patch first takes OUT some
>
> No, nothing changed between 2.0.25 and 2.0.29.
> BTW beware of Sync ability, it does not sync too good way (as friend of
> mine told me); it worked for me, however.

I was able to compile in the patch with 2.0.25 after ignoring the extra -'s.
I also had to change your machine_power_off and machine_recycle (I forget
exactly) calls to something that I guesed equivalent under 2.0.*.
Probably just boot_it(). I'll give it a try as soon as I get to the
machine I compiled it for ..

Looks like you found a good hook-in point. It's easy to customize.

Peter T. Breuer Phd. Ing.,
Area de Ingenieria Telematica E-mail: ptb@it.uc3m.es
Dpto. Ingenieria Tel: +34 1 624 99 59
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid Fax: +34 1 624 94 30/65
Butarque 15, E-28911 Leganes URL: http://www.it.uc3m.es/~ptb
Spain