Re: Reliable OOPS'es on 2.0.28/2.1.25 after modify_ldt

Chris Evans (chris@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 02:12:52 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Ion Badulescu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was playing with wine yesterday and I noticed that whenever I pressed a
> certain button in a certain app under wine, I would get a pair of OOPS'es
> and wine would die. Absolutely reliable, it happened each time I tried it. :)

I mailed off some almost identical oopses a while back. Hopefully someone
will take some notice of this second report. Not the first time ldt has
caused kernel problems (re: the unfortunate security hole)

Chris.