Re: No sound support after install of colgate

Ted Garrett (teddygee@visi.net)
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 01:07:47 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 24 Jan 1997 support@redhat.com wrote:

>-> When I went to the 2.0.28 kernel, I decided to build a monolithic
>-> kernel instead. I'd tried loading sound as a monolithic driver
>-> without luck.
>->
>-> Lo and behold, this evening I rebooted my machine (the third or
>-> fourth time after installing 2.0.28, and some other stuff), and my
>-> sound card 'properly' initialized. Looks like it's an interaction
>-> between the scsi card (AHA2940) and the sound card (PAS16). If I boot
>-> with a disk in the attached scsi ZIP drive, the PAS16 doesn't catch
>-> up, even though I have no scsi support compiled in for the PAS.
>->
>-> Interesting...
>->
>
>Sounds like a good post to linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu.

Give me the avowed, the erect, the manly foe,
Bold I can meet -- perhaps may turn his blow!
But of all plagues, good Heaven, thy wrath can send,
Save me, oh save me from the candid friend.
-- George Canning
Ted Garrett PGP Key ID: 0A04AE45
Live Systems Integration
teddygee@visi.net