Re: Writing to CDR drive...

Derrik Pates (dpates@Cavern.NMSU.Edu)
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 21:56:36 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 17 Jan 1997, Kambiz Aghaiepour wrote:

> I'm trying to write to my philips cdd2000 drive which I can do just fine
> under windows 95, but linux keeps complaining that the device is read
> only. It is viewed by linux to be a CDRom drive. How can I enable the
> write option? Is this a kernel parameter at compile time I may have
> missed?

(a) Make sure you have all the right utilities. (b) CDR's class as SCSI
generic, so add SCSI generic device support into your kernel, either
directly or as a module.

Derrik Pates
dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu

"What'll you two lovable plush toys have?"
"How 'bout a root beer popsicle and an Orange Julius? What about you,
Max?"
"Dishwater! And put it in a dirty glass!"
-Sam & Max
"Fair Wind to Java"