Re: trouble w/ modularized PPP and 2.1.17

Ian Bonnycastle (ian@greywolf.mail.net)
Mon, 23 Dec 1996 19:35:51 -0500

Alessandro Suardi writes:

>I should have known I was talking too soon when I said I could
> run PPP w/ kerneld on 2.1.16 without any problems... now, on
> 2.1.17, if I start pppd I get "this system lacks PPP support"
> even if modules.dep and modules.conf seem to be set up OK...

This sounds a lot like not having the latest version (2.2.0f
I think) of pppd. Make sure the version is the latest. I know
2.1.2 pppd does not work on the latest kernels, and it gives the
error message you have just given above.

Ian