Re: Oh yes it has (was: Kernel v1.2.13 won't compile)

Mon, 23 Dec 1996 00:17:51 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 22 Dec 1996, Christian Hardmeier wrote:

> Certainly, but wouldn't it be a good idea for the Makefile to symlink it
> into the source tree root? It has happened to me several times that I
> accidentally took the wrong file, and the machine crashed on boot-up.
> After building an i386 kernel, the Makefile might just link
> /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/zImage to /usr/src/linux/zImage-i386.
>
> Christian

Well this has been the default for some time now, and although it's
definatly been discused before, it's so far unchanged so...

If you really want to, go read linux/arch/i386/boot/install.sh for ideas
about a custom install script, and you can then do all the install
correctly via the script, and forget about the changed locations (you
need to use make zlilo to make it work tho).

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :( and I don't care ;)      |            initiated.