Re: EDO RAM

Derrik Pates (dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu)
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 08:34:46 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 13 Nov 1996, Keith Rohrer wrote:

> Not the ASUS T2P4 either. Do other operating systems work at all? Does
> the bootup screen think the SIMMS are EDO? As I recall, the T2P4 bios
> autodetects EDO, so it can't be that the RAM is feeding data too fast...

I have my doubts about the ASuS boards. They are notorious for crippling
the memory bus on their Pentium boards down to 32 bits, instead of the
full 64. I don't know if that might cause problems with Linux, but I just
don't trust 'em.

Derrik Pates
dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu

"What'll you two lovable plush toys have?"
"How 'bout a root beer popsicle and an Orange Julius? What about you,
Max?"
"Dishwater! And put it in a dirty glass!"
-Sam & Max
"Fair Wind to Java"