Re: Was Re: Kingston Turbochip Upgrade Now New Cpu/Motherboard

Squiz (squiz@intonet.co.uk)
Tue, 3 Sep 1996 19:26:34 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 2 Sep 1996, Douglas F. Elznic wrote:

> Thanks to everyone with their help regarding the kingston chip. Due to the

No probs m8

> What is the best
> Motherboard/chipset: Tyan S1562S - £188 ex vat, £220.90 inc vat
8 SIMM slots, 8 Exp Slots, 512K pipeline burst cache

> CPU type/speed Cyrix P166+ or Cyrix P150+
>
> My desire sometimes exceed my funds. I have to be able to justify the
> performance price ratio. And I also want to be able to have little to no
> problems with the linux kernel. I had heard that the NexGen (AMD maybe) chip
> was incompatible or had problems.
>
> I have about three hundred to spend on a motherboard.

Well there you go, 80 quid to spare - a Cyrix P150+ is only £100 (ex vat)
so you will not have to wait long.