Re: "Bugs" in personality.h and linkage.h?

Guilhem Lavaux (ylavaux@pratique.fr)
Sun, 01 Sep 1996 12:22:01 +0200

--------------4224AE9B441DC32F3F9208F9

Marius Kjeldahl wrote:

> I am trying to build LinuxThreads 0.3 together with the ACE library, and
> have encountered some problems in the files mentioned in the header of
> this mail.
>
> The symbol "asmlinkage" (defined in linkage.h) get used in strange ways
> in personality.h . If compiled with c++ (i.e. linkage defines asmlinkage
> as extern "C") the compiler gets parsing when reading personality.h .
>
> Looking at the way this symbol gets used in personality.h it is not
> clear to me how this symbol is supposed to be used.
>
> Can anyone tell me whether this symbol serves any purpose in
> personality.h, and what needs to be done to "fix" it (so gcc can parse
> it)?
>
> Thanks in advance..
>
> Marius Kjeldahl

It seems that asmlinkage is used in a declaration of type
"typedef asmlinkage ...". I don't know why asmlinkage is
here but for the moment if you just remove it all works
correctly.

Here is a patch below.

Guilhem.

--
|   /-\  LAVAUX Yves & Guilhem     |

--------------4224AE9B441DC32F3F9208F9 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; name="personality-patch" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline; filename="personality-patch"

--- linux/include/linux/personality.h.old Sun Sep 1 12:20:37 1996 +++ linux/include/linux/personality.h Sun Sep 1 12:20:58 1996 @@ -23,7 +23,7 @@ #define PER_XENIX (0x0007 | STICKY_TIMEOUTS) /* Prototype for an lcall7 syscall handler. */ -typedef asmlinkage void (*lcall7_func)(struct pt_regs *); +typedef void (*lcall7_func)(struct pt_regs *); /* Description of an execution domain - personality range supported,

--------------4224AE9B441DC32F3F9208F9--