Re: netscape + SIGUNUSED -> 96% CPU

John Henders (jhenders@bogon.com)
2 Aug 1996 10:57:15 -0700

In <199608020143.DAA18799@wildsau.idv.uni-linz.ac.at> Herbert Rosmanith <herp@wildsau.idv.uni-linz.ac.at> writes:

>have you ever tried working on a machine that is running a
>tape-backup ? (scsi,aha2940, for example) ...

I do it all the time. Xload shows a constant load of one while the
backup's running, but other than that I don't really notice anything. In
fact, I had to stop using the st.o module with kerneld because I'd miss
when the backup ended and the module would unload, losing it's pointers
to the current location of the tape, so I'd have to reseek to the end of
data before starting to back up my other machine.

--
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.