Re: 2.0.1 when?

Alexandre Maret (amaret@infomaniak.ch)
Sat, 06 Jul 1996 20:04:51 +0200

Tom Rothamel wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Jul 1996, Kevin Buettner wrote:
>
> Is there any work being done to either get linux to recognize the 95 .lnk
> files? (Not for the horridness they are, but to use them as actual
> symbolic links?) Or is there any work being done to allow umsdos to
> support long file names?

It's not that easy, because .lnk files contains not only the targeted
file, but also some parameters. These parameters aren't needed by linux,
so we could ignore them... but we would loose information.

Are you talking about umsdos over vfat ? I haven't found information
on it... but it would be better than umsdos over fat, because only
uid/gid would have to be stored in an external file (and we need to
add some case sensitiveness stuff...)

alex

--
// Alexandre Maret -- Linux : The choice of a GNU generation //