Re: 2.0.1 hangs during boot

Klaus Lichtenwalder (klaus@gaston.m.isar.de)
Fri, 5 Jul 1996 09:10:28 +0100 (WET DST)

On Thu, 4 Jul 1996, Bruce Thompson wrote:

> Hi.
> A quick update. I've rebuilt my kernel to make serial a module again. I
> load the serial module using modprobe at the top of rc.serial. I've also
> added some echoes so I can see where the boot is hanging.
>
> The boot is certainly hanging while doing an stty on the modem's serial
> port. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Bruce,
I'd suggest using /dev/cua? instead. The ttyS? is intended as dialin and
may well hang while waiting for a carrier before completing the opening
of the serial port.

Klaus

Klaus Lichtenwalder, Dipl. Inform., PGP Key: email to key@Four11.com
Lichtenwalder@ACM.org, http://www.wp.com/Klaus, fax: +49-89-98292755