Re: Ideas for v2.1

Bernhard Kaindl (bartelt@computerhaus.at)
Sat, 15 Jun 1996 21:22:14 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 13 Jun 1996, Stephen Tweedie wrote:

> >> Even if the CD is mounted ?
>
> > This problem belongs in userland. Someone needs to make a volume manager
> > like Slowaris has, so that users can take care of this problem.
>
> Actually, this is exactly what my "supermount" patches do (available
> for 2.0 on linux.dcs.ed.ac.uk in /pub/linux/supermount!). It provides
> truly transparent removable media support for both floppy and cdrom.

Isn't also rougly that was kerneld does?

Put in a cd, chdir do it, read a file, go off the cd, wait a minute and
the isofs and sr_mod modules are unloaded and you can take your cd.

Bernhard

| Bernhard Kaindl, Tallak 95, 8103 Rein, Austria |
| Autor of kmenu, first kernel config tool for linux w/ automatic menus |