Re: route add -net failure at boot

Darrin R. Smith (drsmith@eznet.net)
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 22:05:23 -0400

Bryn Paul Arnold Jones wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jun 1996, Darrin R. Smith wrote:
>
> > I am running the 2.0 kernel on my machine and I noticed that on bootup
> > route fails to add a route to 127.0.0.0. I tried adding the route
> > manually several times with successive failures each time. After I
> > started pppd to get online, however, I could add the route
> > just fine.
> >
> > For reference, the command used was:
> >
> > route add -net 127.0.0.0
> >

> Hmm, that should work, have you done the 'ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1' first ?

Problem solved -- someone remind me to use my redhat cd at the
next skeet & trap session! Looks like I will be porting my slackware
sys 5 init scripts this weekend. I originally thought writing and
modeling them after the _real_ system 5 was painful enough, but these
redhat scripts are awful!

Sorry about the not checking this out better first.

--Darrin