Re: 1.99.11: keyboard dead

Emil Stepniewski (emil@oeiizk.waw.pl)
Wed, 5 Jun 1996 00:09:18 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 4 Jun 1996, Herbert Rosmanith wrote:

> please ignore my previous post. I wrote, that 1.99.11 does not
> show the keyboard-lock syndrom. wrong, it *does* show it. I didn't
> recognise it, because it does not show up immediately, but requires some
> time to appear (30 seconds ? 60 senconds ?). symptoms: unable to
> switch VCs, pressing keys like CAPS, NUM and SCROLL-LOCK wont alter
> the LEDs on the keyboard.
>
> when I log in from another computer at home (I have built a test-LAN),
> I can however "cat > /dev/tty1" and will see whatever I type on the
> 2nd computer.
>
> It is also impossible to restart the console by terminating the process
> that owns it (i.e. bash or agetty).
>
> plugging in a different keyboard doesn't help either.

I have got the same symptoms, though only when my GUS is playing any sound
for a while. It looks like missed interrupt for me because reading a single
character directly from keybord I/O returns it to life. It needn't to be
your case but why not trying this when logged from another machine.
This works for me:

(*---------cut here---------*)

#include <fcntl.h>

int main()