Re: Why not distribute Kernel and all related tools together

Bartlomiej Czardybon (czar@dumb.iinf.polsl.gliwice.pl)
Wed, 15 May 1996 18:32:51 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 15 May 1996, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Net-tools
> > Proc-tools
> > Smbmount
> > And whatewer, there are quite a few of those.
> >
> > I think that it would clear many things if these tools were all
> > together in same package like kernel is in one package.
>
> I believe its called "Redhat" or "slackware"

Well, with every kernel change behaviour of every 'ls' or 'grep'
dosen't chang. In such package it would be good to include such
progs which may not work properly with new kernel.

Bartlomiej Czardybon
Silesian Technical University - Faculty of Computer Science