Re: SMTP

Kevin M Bealer (kmb203@psu.edu)
Wed, 15 May 1996 13:34:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 13 May 1996 dseaman@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu wrote:

> After upgrading to 1.3.100 after using 1.3.99 my mail has quit working. I
> use Pine 3.91 configured to send the mail to a remote SMTP server. Under
> 1.3.99 and all previous kernels it worked just fine. However, after
> upgrading to 1.3.99 through 1.99.3 Pine hangs when sending the mail and
> netstat shows:
>
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address (State)
> tcp 0 2 hobbes.cc.ukans.e:1042 kuhub.cc.ukans.ed:smtp SYN_SENT
> calvin
>
> It just sits there for several minutes and may or may not send the mail out.
> This is over a PPP connection.
>
> Derek

Just to offer another graph point to plot, I am using (pre2.0).3 (ie 1.99.3)
with Pine 3.91. I am using 'smail' for delivery specifically it seems to be
smail 3.1.29.1-22. Everything seems to work smoothly.

You way wish to look at your other mail-related software to check other
possible problems... (ie try using elm to send a message).

BTW (prob not relevant) but my popclient and pine are both in scripts which
prevent them from loading while the other is around (to avoid the file
locking problems.)

__kmb203@psu.edu_________________________Debian__1.1___Linux__1.99.3___
Hey guys, I just heard something that really worries me...
(wringing hands) What is the correct side of the bed to get up on?