Re: Strange behaviour with NFS

Robert of the Linux (robert@athena.rutgers.edu)
Sun, 30 Jul 1995 13:07:44 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 25 Jul 1995, Craig Metz wrote:

> But it's easier just to post something to a couple of mailing lists
> and/or news than to RTFM. This particular phenomon in the Linux community is
> starting to really annoy me. [Sorry to rant]

I know this is off topic. This behaviour is not limited to the Linux
community but is a result (IMHO) of the increasing number of newbies on the
net who don't understand nettiquette. The net is doubling in size every
8 months at the moment (user wise), so there are plenty of newbies.
This behaviour annoys me too.
Ob linux stuff: Thanks for all the replies i got to my recent report about
of /dev/rft0 being over written when the ftape.o module wan't loaded.
I guess the dev file must have been damaged at some point in the past, but
i didn't notice until i tried to do a backup, and that is why this happened.
If it was damaged then this is the first problem i have had with e2fs in
the 14 months i have used Linux. Congrats to Remy Card on a cool fs.
-Robert

--Robert Brockway, email: ec531667@student.uq.edu.au
WWW: http://student.uq.edu.au/~ec531667
snail mail: never mind.
"Since the dodecahedron has 12 faces, it makes an ideal desk calendar."
Gary Chartrand and Ortrud R. Oellermann, Applied and Algorithmic Graph Theory.