Re: 3rd/4th.. IDE ports

Harik A'ttar (harik@chaos.rutgers.edu)
Fri, 21 Jul 1995 21:31:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 20 Jul 1995, mark (m.s.) lord wrote:

> That's how it is being implemented.. command line parms for all
> IDE ports, probing is done only for the primary/secondary at the
> "standard" ports.

Hmm... Where is a list of commandline params? I recently
had to specify the parameters for someone's HD, finally
found the information in the LILO configs. Then, they had
an ethernet card on a strange address (SMC Ultra on 360, it tests
340, 380... not good) And even though I went in all the core
setup files, I couldn't figure out what the heck to send it.
(and when I did, it was ignored.. suprise?)

Changing parametrs like addresses w/o a recompile is a _GOOD_ thing,
but it is the devil itself to find an actual list of what commands
are supported.

I remember this being discussed a month or so ago, but that degraded
into another mount root ro or rw debate. ack!

#include <stupid/signature>
chaos@dynamic.ip.don't.reply Guess what? I really _DO_ speak for my
Dan Merillat / Harik A'ttar system. And if you share my opinions,
in00621@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu you should seek professional help.