Re: kernel config

Michael Nelson (mikenel@netcom.com)
Sat, 22 Jul 1995 12:55:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 21 Jul 1995, Roland Dunkerley wrote:

> Proper documentation would be nice. Man pages for kernel internal
> functions would be really nice. Probably wouldn't take too long to
> have most of the major ones if someone were to volunteer to collect
> the kernel-man pages and ask people to write just one. I'm too busy
> lately myself to collect them, but I'd be willing to write a page or
> two. The current configuration doesn't bother me too much. I hate it

This would be great -- especially for fledgling kernel developers... I am
currently in the process of figuring out how the kernel all fits together
-- and spend most of my time tracking down procedures/macros/etc... and
then deciphering what they mean.

Unfortunately, some of the procedure names are ambigious, which makes it
hard (at first) to figure out what they do. Sure, they mean something to
current developers -- but they don't mean much who haven't really worked
with the kernel.

-- Mike

--
Michael Nelson (mikenel@netcom.com) | Real programmers don't comment their
Rockville, Maryland                 | code. It was hard to write, it should