Re: [REGRESSION] External mic not working on Lenovo Ideapad U310, ALSA: hda/conexant: Add quirk for LENOVO 20149 Notebook model

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Thu Mar 16 2023 - 02:57:14 EST

On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 07:33:46 +0100,
tangmeng wrote:

> On 2023/3/16 13:54, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > Too bad. So, if any, further fixes will be a guess work.
> > Do you know the codec vendor ID at least?
> >
> From the information I saved as follows:
>
> 制造商: Intel Corporation
> 型 号: Intel 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller
>
> And by my pci.ids comparison, the corresponding should be 8086:1e20

That doesn't help much, unfortunately. The interesting numbers are
found rather in /proc/asound/card*/codec* files.
I guess the HD-audio codec ID is same among other models, but it
should have a unique HD-audio codec subsystem id (SSID) 0x17aaXXXX.

And, through skimming over the net, I found that the PCI SSID
17aa:3977 hits a few more other Lenovo models. It implies that
applying your change may likely break those others, too.
As a consequence, I'm afraid that we'll have to revert your change,
while keeping the quirk applicable via the model option.

If you need to fix it properly, please check the codec SSID, and use
that value instead of PCI SSID 17aa:3977.

Takashi