Re: [6.3][regression] after commit 7170b7ed6acbde523c5d362c8978c60df4c30f30 my system stuck in initramfs forever

From: Thorsten Leemhuis
Date: Sat Feb 25 2023 - 10:53:06 EST

On 25.02.23 15:55, Mikhail Gavrilov wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 25, 2023 at 7:22 PM Thorsten Leemhuis <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> [CCing the regression list, as it should be in the loop for regressions:
>> https://docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/reporting-regressions.html]
>>
>> On 25.02.23 14:51, Mikhail Gavrilov wrote:
>>> new kernel release cycle returning with new bugs
>>> Today my system got stuck in initramfs environment after updating to
>>> commit d2980d8d826554fa6981d621e569a453787472f8.
>>>
>>> I still do not understand how to configure the network inside the
>>> initramfs environment to grab the logs.
>>> Since an attempt to rebuild the initramfs with all modules (dracut
>>> --no-hostonly --force) leads to the stuck initramfs environment and
>>> impossible entering into initramfs console.
>>
>> Do you see any error messages? I have problems since Friday morning as
>> well (stuck in Fedora's initramfs) and see a lot of BPF warnings like
>> "BPF: invalid name" and "failed to validate module". Was able to do a
>> screenshot:
>>
>> https://www.leemhuis.info/files/misc/Screenshot_ktst-f36-x86-64_2023-02-24_07:53:14.png
>
> I also seen such messages
> https://freeimage.host/i/img-1475.HMPL26l

Pretty sure that's the same problem, at least the symptoms match. If
anyone needs a config to reproduce this, here's one of mine that shows
the problem:

https://www.leemhuis.info/files/misc/config

> P.S.: I also use Fedora Rawhide.

Happens for me on all Fedora 36, 37, and 38 (my rawhide build failed for
other reasons, so I couldn't test).

Ciao, Thorsten