Re: [6.3][regression] after commit 7170b7ed6acbde523c5d362c8978c60df4c30f30 my system stuck in initramfs forever

From: Mikhail Gavrilov
Date: Sat Feb 25 2023 - 09:55:47 EST

On Sat, Feb 25, 2023 at 7:22 PM Thorsten Leemhuis <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [CCing the regression list, as it should be in the loop for regressions:
> https://docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/reporting-regressions.html]
>
> On 25.02.23 14:51, Mikhail Gavrilov wrote:
> > new kernel release cycle returning with new bugs
> > Today my system got stuck in initramfs environment after updating to
> > commit d2980d8d826554fa6981d621e569a453787472f8.
> >
> > I still do not understand how to configure the network inside the
> > initramfs environment to grab the logs.
> > Since an attempt to rebuild the initramfs with all modules (dracut
> > --no-hostonly --force) leads to the stuck initramfs environment and
> > impossible entering into initramfs console.
>
> Do you see any error messages? I have problems since Friday morning as
> well (stuck in Fedora's initramfs) and see a lot of BPF warnings like
> "BPF: invalid name" and "failed to validate module". Was able to do a
> screenshot:
>
> https://www.leemhuis.info/files/misc/Screenshot_ktst-f36-x86-64_2023-02-24_07:53:14.png

I also seen such messages
https://freeimage.host/i/img-1475.HMPL26l

And if initramfs is configured without --no-hostonly I even could
enter in emergency mode.

https://freeimage.host/i/img-1480.HMPsZ3N

But the module for my Keychrone K1 keyboard couldn't be loaded :(

P.S.: I also use Fedora Rawhide.

--
Best Regards,
Mike Gavrilov.