[RFC 0/2] RISC-V: enable rust

From: Conor Dooley
Date: Fri Feb 24 2023 - 08:37:29 EST

This is a somewhat blind (and maybe foolish) attempt at enabling Rust
for RISC-V. I've tested this on Icicle, and the modules seem to work.
I'd like to play around with Rust on RISC-V, but I'm not interested in
using downstream kernels, so figured I should try and see what's
missing...
I've tagged this as RFC in case I've missed some "WAaaaa you can't do
this" somewhere :)

Thanks,
Conor.

CC: Miguel Ojeda <ojeda@xxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Alex Gaynor <alex.gaynor@xxxxxxxxx>
CC: Wedson Almeida Filho <wedsonaf@xxxxxxxxx>
CC: Boqun Feng <boqun.feng@xxxxxxxxx>
CC: Gary Guo <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Björn Roy Baron <bjorn3_gh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@xxxxxxx>
CC: Paul Walmsley <paul.walmsley@xxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Nathan Chancellor <nathan@xxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Nick Desaulniers <ndesaulniers@xxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Tom Rix <trix@xxxxxxxxxx>
CC: rust-for-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: linux-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: linux-riscv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: llvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Miguel Ojeda (2):
scripts: generate_rust_target: enable building on RISC-V
RISC-V: enable building the 64-bit kernels with rust support

Documentation/rust/arch-support.rst | 2 ++
arch/riscv/Kconfig | 1 +
arch/riscv/Makefile | 3 ++-
scripts/generate_rust_target.rs | 19 +++++++++++++++++++

2.39.2