Re: FVP: kernel BUG at arch/arm64/kernel/traps.c:497 - Internal error: Oops - BUG: 0

From: Mark Brown
Date: Thu Jul 14 2022 - 07:37:17 EST

On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 01:07:32AM +0530, Naresh Kamboju wrote:

> Here I am providing the available data.
> Let me know what I am missing here, so that I will update my setup.
> Thanks in advance.

> Fast Models 11.17.21 (Feb 16 2022)

11.18 was released since (not that it should make any difference to this
issue).

> https://storage.tuxboot.com/fvp-aemva/tf-bl1.bin
> https://storage.tuxboot.com/fvp-aemva/fvp-base-revc.dtb
> https://storage.tuxboot.com/fvp-aemva/fip-uboot.bin

Where did you get the TF-A and u-boot from - what versions are they and
how are they configured and built? Especially TF-A, u-boot isn't likely
to cause any issues here since it isn't responsible for initialising the
higher ELs.

That said I do seem to be able to boot with those images on my system -
it looks like a debug build of TF-A 2.5 and a modified version of u-boot
2021.04. There's newer releases of both, especially with TF-A I'd
recommend keeping up with new releases though it doesn't *immediately*
look like your issue here.

> https://builds.tuxbuild.com/2BnQMpJj3kDTJXoCwd2pY5gW9CN/Image.gz
> https://builds.tuxbuild.com/2BnQMpJj3kDTJXoCwd2pY5gW9CN/modules.tar.xz

> --data cluster0.cpu0=/tuxrun-r4_1075p-lava-1/fvp-base-revc.dtb@0x86000000
> --data cluster0.cpu0=/tuxrun-r4_1075p-lava-1/Image@0x80080000
> -C pctl.startup=0.0.0.0
> -C bp.secure_memory=0

You don't seem to have

-C cluster0.mpidr_layout=1
-C cluster1.mpidr_layout=1

though I would expect that the system wouldn't get as far as it was
without that, it doesn't seem to when I try testing here - it dies
running TF-A.

You might also want to turn on a few more options

-C cluster0.has_fgt=1
-C cluster1.has_fgt=1
-C cluster0.memory_tagging_support_level=3
-C cluster1.memory_tagging_support_level=3
-C bp.dram_metadata.is_enabled=1

to turn on fine grained traps and MTE, plus at least the newer model has
more base architecture extensions, though these shouldn't be the issue
here. They don't seem to be (and shouldn't be) relevant here though.
FGT is an EL2 feature so it'd die earlier.