Re: Linux 5.19-rc6

From: Kefeng Wang
Date: Wed Jul 13 2022 - 21:30:18 EST

On 2022/7/14 3:48, Russell King (Oracle) wrote:
On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 12:36:50PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 10:07 PM Guenter Roeck <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
OF: amba_device_add() failed (-19) for /amba/smc@10100000
------------[ cut here ]------------
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 1 at lib/refcount.c:28 of_platform_bus_create+0x33c/0x3dc
refcount_t: underflow; use-after-free.
Sorry to lead to this issue,
This too has been going on since -rc1, but it's not obvious what caused it.

At a guess, looking around the amba changes, I'm assuming it's

7719a68b2fa4 ("ARM: 9192/1: amba: fix memory leak in amba_device_try_add()")

Does reverting that commit make it go away?
There may be a patch that solves that, but it's never been submitted to
my patch system:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/20220524025139.40212-1-wangkefeng.wang@xxxxxxxxxx/
This patch is to fix the above issue reported-by Guenter, and it merged into linux-next
for a while, which Applied in https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=9207/1

I'm sorry, but I'm utterly crap at picking up patches off mailing lists,
so if stuff doesn't end up inthe patch system, it gets missed.
Is there some special for bugfix patch when send to arm patch system, please
let me know if I missed.