Update "If something goes wrong" in Documentation/admin-guide/README.rst

From: Lukas Bulwahn
Date: Wed Jul 13 2022 - 03:27:06 EST

Dear Thorsten, dear Jonathan,

During some other unrelated clean-up work, I stumbled upon the section
'If something goes wrong' in Documentation/admin-guide/README.rst
(https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/README.html).
README.rst is---as it seems---the intended first summary page of the
documentation for any user of the kernel (the kernel's release notes
document).

The section 'If something goes wrong' describes what to do when
encountering a bug and how to report it. The second sentence in that
section is especially historic and probably just discouraging for most
bug reporters ( ..."the second best thing is to mail them to me
(torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)"...). Some random user (potentially
even unknown to the community) sending an email to Linus is most
probably the last best thing to do and is most likely just ignored,
right?

Probably this section in README.rst needs a rewrite (summarizing
Thorsten's reporting-issues.rst, or just copying the summary from
there) and should then refer to reporting-issues.rst for more details.

Thorsten, do you have time to prepare a change to that document that
gives a short summary on how to report potential issues and
regressions? Otherwise, I will happily put that on my todo list and
probably can suggest some RFC patch in a week or two.

Best regards,

Lukas