Re: mainline build failure due to 8bdc2a190105 ("crypto: poly1305 - cleanup stray CRYPTO_LIB_POLY1305_RSIZE")

From: Jason A. Donenfeld
Date: Sat May 28 2022 - 07:01:43 EST

Hi again,

Actually, I think 8bdc2a190105 should just be reverted wholesale.
There are too many headers that depend on it (e.g. caam) even if
there's no .o that winds up using it. I could try to enumerate them
all in kconfig language, but that doesn't seem much cleaner.

[Aside: note that none of this was a problem with my proposed "zinc"
patchset from a few years ago, which cleaned up all this crypto layer
stuff. The frankenstein that landed instead is just a never ending
source of annoying bugs like this one. Until there are larger changes,
I think a lot of the woes of crypto/ are terminally hopeless. :-\]

Jason