Re: [GIT PULL] nolibc changes for v5.19

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon May 23 2022 - 16:31:20 EST

On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 1:23 PM Willy Tarreau <w@xxxxxx> wrote:

> So I've figured it again. When you run:
>
> make tools/help
>
> you get the help of tools/ commands, [..]

You speak the words, but you don't actually look at what it does.

Try it.

Yes, "make tools/help" works. Yes, it lists targets, and talks about
how you can use the "<tool>_install" target.

But none of that then matches the rest of what you write.

You talk about nolibc_headers". That's not something that is actually
listed in the help at all.

So please, can you read your own email message as somebody who doesn't
actually know the code, and try the commands you talk about, and see
the disconnect here?

Linus